Saturday, 16 August 2014

Friendship Star Block Cushion


I've just made my son a cushion to match his pillow cases...


I was a planning a zig zag quilt to match as requested......but now the request has changed to a "zombies vs plants" (as game he discovered on the ipads in our new macdonalds !) quilt ! I guess 5 year olds just don't worry about matching decor !  

The whale fabric is Robert Kaufman - Ann Kelle "Urban Zoologie" I love the colours. The Navy is Robert Kaufman "spot on".  

I quilted it on my little lightweight brother machine, as took it with me to a sewing group I attend each Wednesday evening, and my bernina is fairly heavy to walk from the car park with.  My little brother machine did a great job ! I used my walking foot to do echo quilting around the star to help it stand out, and used feather stitch on the top and bottom boarder and then serpentine stitch, also know as running stitch or stitch number 4 on a Bernina around the edge.  I used gutermann 50wt cotton for the piecing and quilting it's a great all round thread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment