Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Sashiko Embroidery

I've always loved Sashiko embroidery designs but reading books about different embroidery I thought they looked like they would take me a long time to do as I'm a slow hand sewer.

Then recently Fiona at www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk   shared a link www.purlbee.com/2008/01/19/sashiko and as I scrolled through I saw preprinted panels !!!   Wow I never knew you could get pre printed panels how FAB !

I looked on google for a UK supplier straight away, and found  www.eurojapanlinks.com/sashiko  :-)

The very next day they arrived !



It's in Japanese but the pictures are really helpful 

This is the pre printed panel so it has each stitch marked out for you, to help you get even stitches.



You don't need a hoop just a long embroidery needle, and it's just a simple running stitch as shown below.  Then you just even out the tension with your fingers.


In no time at all I'd finished and I'm a slow slow hand sewer !


The printed panel comes with fabric for backing so you could make into a cushion, tote bag, or like me a pot holder/table runner.  I'm going to make 3 all different patterns and put them together on my table as hot food mats !



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today. I'm so glad you're participating in the Small Blog Meetup, because it gave me a chance to find your blog. I love how your Sashiko embroidery came out. I'm definitely going to have to look into doing some of this myself.

    ReplyDelete