Sunday, 26 April 2015

Almost Finished Quilt !

This weekend I'm delighted to have almost finished this quilt ! as the quilt top has been waiting to be quilted a little while but prep for sewing classes and other quicker projects jumped the sewing queue !!

I whizzed through the quilting, and put the binding on in such a rush that it needs a little more attention before it's used, but I thought I would take some pictures in the garden now while it's dry as we are forecast rain this week.








I've been on my hands and knees basting it for what seems like forever, it's a little creased, but over all I'm really pleased with the finished quilting. 

I used EQS 100% Bamboo wadding and I was a little disappointed as it's thinner and not as bouncy as the 50% Cotton 50% Bamboo and I think the quilting doesn't look at nice as with my more expensive wadding but it was on offer online and I have lots more to use up !  It does drape beautifully and it's a lovely weight I'm sure it will wash up just fine !!!


I quilted it with Aurifil Cotton 40wt as I like my quilting to be seen, and I used stitch No. 4 on my Bernina Activa - running stitch also know as serpentine stitch.  I had the width set one notch below max 5.4 and the length 3.4, and I used my walking foot.  This quilting is so easy and quick !
Here's a closer look at the quilting 

                           



The fabric line is Riley Blake Little Ark and the pattern is from a book by my favorite blogger Alison over at CluckCluckSew.

I shall post some pictures when is washed so you can see how it looks and hopefully the wadding will wash up better !





No comments:

Post a Comment