New Look 6373







New Look 6373 is a jumpsuit with elasticated waist designed for woven fabrics.

I was first interested in this pattern for the bodice, I had made the Ogden Camisole pattern by True Bias prior to this, but it just didn't suit me or fit me quite right.  This pattern had bust darts, thicker straps, and a more gentle v neckline, which I thought it would be much better for me. 

Front pattern piece




When we suddenly had some really hot weather here in the UK in July I decided at the last min. to make a make a summer dress using the bodice and adding a skirt myself.  I cut a size 12 top and then graded out to a self drafted skirt.

The fabric I used was viscose Challis from Minerva crafts, I did test the bodice out in calico but I still wasn't sure if I would like having my shoulders on show so much to this was a test pattern for me.

I'm not totally sure it's my style but I would highly recommend the pattern ! the camisole fits me perfectly the only adjustment I made was to shorten the straps by 1 inch everything else worked great, I love the fit.  I also added a lining to the top of the skirt as the viscose was fairly thin.

The neckline has a facing.  I'm aware that some people have just sewn the flounce right sides together and flipped over, and I did test that out, but found for me the flounce sat better using the New Look instructions, and therefore having a facing.

Overall a really great easy to sew pattern ! and a lovely cool dress in viscose to wear through summer.  The photos are in Greece straight, so the dress was hung up to help the creases drop out but not ironed after the suitcase and it did very well I think.

Also I'm wearing a normal bra which I always find a bonus !




















Comments

Popular Posts